Supporting Students with Interrupted Formal Education
Join English Learner Portal colleagues Brenda Custodio and Judith O'Laughlin as they discuss this growing sub-group of English learners.
In this webinar, Brenda and Judith will share:
- a description of students with interrupted education (SIFE/SLIFE);
- causes of interrupted schooling;
- two main categories of SLIFE in Western schools: Refugees and Latinos;
- issues unique to SLIFE; and
- academic and socio-emotional supports needed.
Recorded May 18, 2021
Receive an email with the slides here!
Meet the Presenters