Developing Writing with Elementary English Learners
November 20-21, 2019
8:15 am - 3:30 pm EST
Where: Silver Spring, MD
Writing is often that final barrier for students becoming "proficient" in English. How do we break writing down for our students to explicitly target the skills and practices that will support writing growth? How do we provide students opportunities to practice and grow across all content areas?
This two-day course will leave you feeling confident about:
- defining socio-cultural context and academic language.
- understanding the proficiency levels of students by domain.
- determining appropriate linguistic supports by proficiency and domain.
- analyzing the language demand of learning tasks and objectives.
- developing best practices for teaching narrative, argumentative, and informative writing to elementary English language learners.
Course fee: $350 - includes breakfast and lunch both days
Tuition reimbursement may apply. Please check with your district.
2 graduate credits available*!
* Graduate credits available through Brandman University for an additional fee of $150 paid directly to Brandman University. More information available at registration.