When: June 23 & 24, 2020
8:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. EST
Where: Anne Arundel County, MD
No student is a native speaker of mathematics! Math is full of technical language and structures that add another layer to already challenging concepts. In this workshop, you will practice finding what language is needed to be successful in math along with routines and practices to develop that language throughout the day.
Our two days together will leave you feeling confident in:
- capitalizing on students’ assets to build language using math content.
- understanding the developmental nature of language and proficiency levels.
- analyzing the language demand of mathematics content.
- creating meaning-making activities that engage English learners in math.
- matching appropriate language scaffolds/supports (or removal of) to math activities and assessments.
Course fee: $425 - includes breakfast and lunch both days
Tuition reimbursement may apply. Check with your district.
3 graduate credits available*!
* Graduate credits available through Brandman University for an additional fee of $225 paid directly to Brandman University. More information available at registration. Homework assignments required for credit.